Featured Post

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome & Pastor Benny Hinn - friends for life!!

NEWS ALERT!!! It's official and you heard it first on the Shouts Blog !!  Pastor Benny Hinn will once again be ministering LI...

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome......just like Jesus - Part 1

The name Pastor Chris Oyakhilome has become synonymous with the miraculous but there is one other even more striking phenomenon that is evident in the life and ministry of this great man of God. To explain it, I want to tell you about my very first encounter with this great general of our time, this would be the first time I would hear him teach God’s word and watch him minister.
It was in 1988 and it was on Campus – then I was an undergraduate and I was actively involved in a Christian fellowship group in my school. We traveled four[4] hours from my University Campus to attend this Christian Conference organized by a sister fellowship group; Pastor Chris was one of the invited guest ministers and I will never forget that meeting and the impact it made in my life as a believer.
The interesting thing is that I cannot tell you much about the verbal content of his message that day, though of course I remember bits and pieces of it, but what it left with me was the impartation of the Spirit. There was something about him and the way he walked, talked, and ministered that just brought home the presence of Jesus. It was so intense; it was so real…..we were transported right into the presence of God in a moment of time.
This is most definitely what the temple police experienced in John7:46-47 [JB
Phillips] when they were sent to arrest Jesus – after listening to him, they went back to the Chief Priests and Pharisees empty handed and confessed: “No man ever spoke like that!” to which they replied “Has he pulled the wool over your eyes too?” 

I remember as we traveled back to school, there was a general consensus in the bus – Pastor Chris is just like Jesus.
My story concludes in Part 2....in the meantime, what do you say? Click on the comment button and share your stories of the very first time you heard and/or saw Pastor Chris minister.

Much Love

Tammy Ashley







No comments:

Post a Comment